Let me also chime in and just say that I have never even touched that
"fuzzy control" button on my washing machine.

But seriously, I agree with Andrew that some examples are needed. As a
member of the IEG committee I am aware how diffiicult it is to explain
to outsiders how to go about applying for new properties to be added
to WikIData (in the case I am thinking of, it was for properties
having to do with Economics-related concepts).

Personally I have found it helpful to look at the items for Berlin
(one of the earliest and best defined cities), and the Mona Lisa (one
of the earliest and best defined works of art) to become inspired
about properties and how they relate to items. It will be a challenge
going forward to help people both apply for and judge applications for
properties. And yes, Wikimedia categories are starting to look a lot
less messy to me...