Dear all,

A notable side effect :

At the moment, a page can contain multiple topic in few languages only
At the moment, those page are "adopted" by one of the topic

It means that from now on, some pages that contains multiple topics in some
languages will be attached to new Q** and it will appear in the language
bar as if there is no equivalent in those languages

We should probably think about the long story too

Mohamed

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Daniel Kinzler <daniel.kinz...@wikimedia.de>
wrote:

> Am 09.09.2014 13:36, schrieb Markus Krötzsch:
> > My proposal became more clear to me over lunch:
> >
> > For articles that are really about multiple different things that cannot
> be
> > reconciled in a single natural concept:
> >
> > * State "intance of:Wikipedia article with multiple topics" (we already
> have
> > several other classes of Wikipedia articles).
> > * Use some property, say "has topic", to link to items about the
> individual topics.
> > * Optionally: use a property like "subject of" (P805) to link back from
> the
> > individual items to the multi-topic pages.
> >
> > The main proposal here is to treat these things like Wikipedia
> disambiguation
> > pages: we have items, but the items are mainly about the page, not about
> any
> > real-world concept we care about.
>
> Thanks Markus, I like that a lot :)
>
> -- daniel
>

> --
> Daniel Kinzler
> Senior Software Developer
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland
> Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.

Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development
9, impasse des Orteaux
75020 Paris