Am 03.03.2015 um 18:48 schrieb Amir E. Aharoni:
> Trying again... It's a really important topic for me.
>
> How do I go about proposing storing information about templates parameters
> mapping to the community? I kinda understand how Wikidata works, and it sounds
> like something that could be implemented using the current properties, but
> thoughts about moving this forward would be very welcome.

Hi Amir!

We had a call today with the dbPedia folks, about exactly this topic!

The dbPedia mapping wiki[1] has this information, at least to some extent. Let's
say you are looking at {{Cricketer Infobox}} on en. You can look out the DBPedia
mappings for the template parameters on their mapping page[2]. There you can see
that the "country" parameter maps to the "country" proeprty in the dbpedia
ontology[2], which in turn uses owl:equivalentProperty to cross-link P17[4].

I assume this info is also available in machine readable form somewhere, but I
don't know where offhand.

Today we discussed that this mapping should also be available in the opposite
direction: on Wikidata, you can use P1628 ("equivalent property") to
cross-reference the dbPedia ontology. I just added this info to the country
property.

let me know if this helps :)
-- daniel

[1] http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/
[2] http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_en:Cricketer_Infobox
[3] http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/OntologyProperty:Country
[4] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P17

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.