Hi!

> I do not think a separate Wikibase instance would be needed to provide
> the data for Wiktionary. I think this can and should be done on
> Wikidata. But as said by Milos and pointed out by Gerard, lexical

I am worried that having two different data sets within the same
instance would be a problem for tools working with the data, and for
humans too. And frankly, I don't see too much benefit - virtually all
added value Wikidata has now is working with the assumption of the
semantics of Wikidata values and properties. Everything that pertains to
lexemes, forms, etc. will have to be built separately, so why do it
within the same site and have all the mechanics act as a split brain? I
would think having parallel instance of Wikibase would serve the same
goal much better, while preserving all the benefits of using the
Wikibase toolkit and basic data model. Ultimately, it's the same as
having separate databases vs. having one huge database (or even one huge
table) with columns marking virtual partitions - the former is much
easier to handle if the sets are completely disjoint, as we'd have
between Wikidata and Wiktionary, as far as I can see. Maybe I am missing
some benefit joint structure would produce?

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org