I very much appreciate OmegaWiki - it has been a trailblazer for many of
the ideas in Wikidata, and as you say, it is the granddaddy in many ways.
OmegaWiki has been extensively looked into and the results from that have
directly flown into the current proposal. The write up of that analysis can
be found here:

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Comparison_of_Projects_and_Proposals_for_Wiktionary