On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 6:19 AM, Denny Vrandečić <vrande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you figure out what a good limit would be for these two use cases? I.e.
> what would support 99%, 99.9%, and 100%?

Yes this would be extremely helpful. In general I agree that we can
now be more relaxed about this than we were at the beginning because
you all understand that Wikidata isn't a place to store long free
text. However I still think we need to have some measures in place.
One thing we could maybe do is a new datatype for longer text but I'm
undecided about this yet. I still don't feel too good about making
every string property several thousand characters long.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.