Thanks, guys! I am glad to hear that the technical hurdles for
implementation seem to be relatively low. Is there any realistic
timeline by when this could be done?

I agree with Lydia, that not all string properties should allow for
unlimited (or even very many) chars. It would be nice to determine at
property proposal how many chars a certain property should have.
Alternatively, implementing a new data type would also work for us.

Best,
Sebastian