Hi Seth,

For the benefit of the list, our current implementation of wiki ==>
print enables us to specify print specific templates.

Therefore {{Template:Foo}} will render normally on WE, however
{{Template:Foo_print}} can be used to specify print specific
rendering. So if you want to remove {{Template_Navigation}} from the
pdf version {{Template:Navigation_print}} that is essentially empty
will remove the Navigation in the printed version. Note that the
_print is lowercase p.

I've asked Pediapress who are developing the Wiki ==> pdf code whether
we can build a feature that displays the full url of any link an an
article page as a footnote in the pdf version.  At any rate, I will
know within the next couple of days whether or not we could get this
implemented on WE. That said, if there are any python / Mediawiki
hackers on this list -- they may be able to help out with this
feature. The code (which is open source) is maintained here:

http://code.pediapress.com/wiki/wiki

In the mean time, assuming the need is urgent, I think its possible to
develop a footnote template for WE. After each link the author can
insert a footnote, where the footnote contains the full url. So this
would then print as text in the pdf version -- I think.

There are one or two folk on the list who are more skilled and
qualified than me to give a solid answer.

BTW -- the OER handbook is a great project!