Seth -- Had a play and I think this is going to work.

Go to:

http://wikieducator.org/OER_Handbook/educator/Beginner_advanced -- where
I have an example of a link to the OER article on WP with a
corresponding url.

The click on the Download as pdf link -- and you will see that it parses
properly.  The display is a little confusing at the moment -- once we
install the Mediawiki's citation extension, we should be in business.