Tks a lot Stephen ,

it takes me abt one hour to read your post <smile>, can I jump to this
conclusion ?

*Knowledge itself is open ,but Education canot be Free and should not be
free ? *

Now I think I get a better understanding , abt these confusing things , I
have sent mails to ask about the OOPS in taiwan about their licences issue

another question also concern about the translation , I hope I undestand
your explanation ( not length at all ) , I think what you meant was saying ,
MIT is trying to make the real free content by using NC license ,am I right
? and OOPS is also doing the basic same thing plus the translation coz not
everyone in China can read Chinese

but I am sorry I am trying to give a critical thought from a perspective of
Chinese teacher :

1 The teaching should happen in the classroom interaction between teachers
and students I watched some of MIT course ,so  would it be okay to say the
real learning will not happen when Chinese students sit down in front of
their laptop ( they need to pay for the internet access too and most of
Chinese University like where I am Soochow Univeristy <http://suda.edu.cn>
we have a special network which block the OOPS or MIT course for sure and
for years , not to mention this ,but the real learning will not happen in
the process of watching a video or listen to the podcast

2 I guess to my humble understanding the MIT is trying to use this course
like a *"ware"* to motivate the teachers in MIT to become more open or to
learn to how to do things correctly , Tschinghua Univeisty ( Top China
school ) is also trying to do this copy the idea .

3 that is why I think WE is doing something really amazing is to creat a
talking platform here to facilitate the conversation between teachers (
maybe students ) I as a teacher in China although I don't have the chance to
meet Leigh or Wayne or James( my idol ) I can still feel the pain or
struggle they are facing when they are creating the course on wikieducator
.and I began to translate their tutorial now in my own wiki site !!

I see this is the Open education .in Chinese we have a saying , to teach
other people how to fish is much better than giving people the fish , can we
say MIT or OOPS is giving away people the fish but not the way to catch the
fish <smile>

more later

Leo

Ps

I have read a post at
http://connectivism.ca/blog/2008/04/open_educational_resources_fur.html (
sorry could not read the comments if there are any only read it from my
Chinese RSS reader ) thought it might be intersting to some of you :

'quote this "I* ve heard of Chinese students translating entire MIT courses
into Chinese. How common is this? What is the impact of these courses? Why
are students taking them? For personal interest or part of an academic
program? And how will we sustain these initiatives? We need more research on
the actual impact. BTW, I do like cute kittens.***