The issue that bothered me in your letter, Leigh, was: "he never ran through
a totally new hardware and software system before conducting a 40-person
workshop abroad." It takes significant resources just to organize a workshop
of that sort, counting time of everybody involved, travel, space and so on.
With 20/20 hindsight, it would seem kinda important to give yourself "more"
(to be determined how much, exactly) time to learn hardware and software
people will be using, before running a workshop of that scope. I stepped
into similar traps before, so by no means do I want to sound "righteous"
about it. Still, this is something that bothered me in your letter: at least
part of your frustration was self-inflicted through that planning issue. If
you looked at the system these people will actually be using, ahead of time,
maybe a few weeks earlier, you would have time to have some of your
questions answered. It may not have been a possibility, though...

Thinking way back to the hard time I had with figuring out the difference
between the web address line and the web search line,
MariaD
naturalmath.com