You should never feel embarrassed for asking a question...rest assured
there are others out there with the same question.

Due the following:

1. Enter your user page (or any WE page) and make sure you are signed
in.
2. Click "my preferences" at the top, right-hand side of your screen.
3. Select "user profile".
4. Go to the bottom section that's titled "E-Mail".
5. Make sure the first option (i.e., E-mail me when a page on my
watchlist is changed) is checked off.

That should do it.  Anytime someone makes an edit to this page, you
should receive an email notification.  If you select the third option
(i.e., E-mail me also for minor edits of pages), you'll receive emails
for minor edits as well, but I usually don´t select this option since
minor edits don´t interest me that much.

Hope this helps.
Benjamin
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Bnleez