Randy, I have found your views to be true and I ask NZ teachers about
WE, both those involved in L4C29 and those not yet trained. I do not
think we will reach a critical mass of teachers contributing/modifying
OER without a FCK (or the like), as they will always say they are too
busy learning other new things (like our new curriculum, for example
http://nzcurriculum.tki.org.nz/).

There will always be those willing to learn wiki syntax or who already
know it, but my experience shows that this is a very minority of NZ
teachers.

Paul.