On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:35 AM, valerie <vtay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There must be WikiEducators who blog or write articles that could be
> WE blog posts. Perhaps by looking back through our posts we can find
> some things to re-post on the WE blog as contributors.
>
> I blog now and then - mostly as "course" assignments, but sometimes
> when there are other important community discussions going on.
> http://learningonline.blogspot.com/
>
> If you have a blog and would be interested in contributing past or
> future posts, please reply with a link to your blog.
>
> Let's see what we have available. This will really help kick-start the
> WE blog process.
>
> ..Valerie

I'd be OK with contributing to a WE blog.

I do link to Wikieducator pages from my blogs sometimes but mostly in
a nod nod wink wink kind of way (Monty Python skit) to my readers and
students i.e. I'm preaching to some choir or using the shop talk of
some tribe.

What I posted for a flagship WE blog might have a different flavor,
however I could see contributing a future post, or maybe one or two
past ones would be useful.  I could see how the blog shapes up and
look for something fitting.

Below one I just posted.  Clearly it's technical and aimed at a
specific audience:

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-curriculum-writing.html

On the other hand, perhaps your WE blog should just have this flavor
or random content, a so-called cross-section, formatted by
wikieducators as blog posts pointing into this content.

That would give casual browsers, thinking about jumping in, a sense of
what the waters are like.

In that sense, I could see this linked post being one such random sample.

Thanks for your work in providing this valuable world service.

Kirby Urner
User:KirbyUrner

4dsolutions.net

Institute for Science, Engineering & Public Policy (board), isepp.org
Python Software Foundation (voting member), python.org