> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:07:03 -0600 (MDT)
> From: "Fred Bauder" <fredb...@fairpoint.net>
> Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] VIP Treatment
>
> > why should they
> > bother
> > politely pointing someone to OTRS, much less spend time and effort trying
> > to be diplomatic themselves?
> >
> > Sxeptomaniac
>
> Because they are decent capable people, take pride in doing a good job,
> and are concerned about the accuracy and reputation of Wikipedia.
>
> Fred

Oh really? So why do we have to desysop admins? Were they "misusing their
tools" in a "decent capable" way? Was it part of "doing a good job"? Were
they desysopped for being "concerned about the accuracy and reputation of
Wikipedia"?

I can understand if you think I'm overstating the problem, but I find it
ridiculous that you would deny the obvious: some people are drawn to
adminship for the wrong reasons, and some maybe even for the right reasons,
but choose to act on them in a short-sighted way. No RFA process, no matter
how good, will ever be able to fully weed out people who really shouldn't
be admins. The problem is, WP has no mechanism for dealing with those who
turn out to not exemplify what an administrator should be, but stop short
of actually breaking rules.

Sxeptomaniac