@Jan-Bart
One of the early discussions before agreeing the WCA charter was the
possibility of automatically counting all legally recognized chapters
as members. It was felt that this would not result in a credible
democratic process, indeed the current 21 members are not all very
active in votes and the current voting pattern shows participation at
around 2/3 of the members or less in any vote. If we counted all
Chapters, then a quorum would have to be set to be artificially
low.<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Resolutions/2012_votes>

Should any Chapter wish to vote in this election, they need only
provide a statement to me and then the new Council member sends in a
statement that they support the charter. The Council member need not
be on the board of the Chapter. There are no fees, there are no
specific duties and we are always looking for more light-weight ways
of handing our processes. Any Council member recognized before the
vote opens, will be eligible to vote.

@Newyorkbrad
My original thought was to allow an overall three week process, but
was put under pressure to do this quickly to make a clear
demonstration that I was going; however I would guess that opening the
election does this rather than bringing forward the deadline to close
it. I will take a look at the schedule again later today and
reconsider the deadlines. In practice, I have had the opposite
feedback from Council members, who thought that allowing 2 weeks for a
vote as our past custom, was unnecessarily long.

Thanks,
Fae
--
Ashley Van Haeften (Fae) fae...@gmail.com