Marc A. Pelletier wrote:

Tomasz, while it seems clear that communications about that move seem to
have been lacking, I think it's unwarranted to ascribe ill-intent to the
WMF staff.  Perhaps you should wait for a response from them before you
declare what their wishes may be or what their reasons were?

I cannot tell what was the /intent/ of the WMF when they acted (for obvious reasons), but I think that my description of the situation was pretty justified — and the message sent to all those desysopped volunteers could not have been more clear. If the WMF wants their help, why would they desysop them in the first place?

If you had read my e-mail, then I'm sure you noticed that I actually asked about the reasons for this decision and its execution, as I am unable to find any justification for what happened.

[Yes, I do understand there is a considerable time difference, etc; I'll be patiently waiting for a response from the WMF.]

        -- Tomasz