Milestones are nice. They're one big reason for celebrating, once in a while. There are lots of others, but not all are this definable and publicly palatable. Quality projects of various kinds are ongoing all the time, and we need different kinds of "carrots" to keep up the community interest at svwp. We need to communicate our efforts in different dimensions, and this was also the idea in our press release statement some hours ago. Quantity and quality are no born enemies to each other, IMHO.

Personally I enjoy making small articles (in various subjects) larger and better. I think this is a common motivator to many of us, where the article creation can be a hassle with all the multidimensional stuff involved. Lsjbot makes my enlarging a bit easier. And the fact that Lsjbot now creates a fully sourced and categorised Swedish-language "wikispecies" inside of Wikipedia is a bonus.

Best of wishes,
/Per A.J. Andersson
(user: Paracel63)