2013/8/14 Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org>:
> On 14/08/13 07:40, Oliver Keyes wrote:
>> We have weekend support - for core services, which constitute our MediaWiki
>> instances. Git, however, is not a core service - as Max accurately notes,
>> while it makes development finicky and frustrating,
>
> I didn't know anyone used git.wikimedia.org. I think I've only visited
> it once.

I sometimes use it to point people to code, especially new volunteers
who are starting to learn the code.

Other people very frequently send me git.wikimedia.org links when they
are asking me about the code.

So yes, it's not as important as keeping *.wikipedia.org online, but
it is definitely far from negligible.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬