Chris McKenna, 14/08/2013 00:00:
On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, Oliver Keyes wrote:

I'd like to think Engineering do a pretty good job at uptime for core
services - when was the last time you saw Wikipedia down for any extended
period of time? - regardless of what day of the week it is.

Wikipedia uptime is certianly much better these days than it was around
2005/6 when there were at least two websites dedicated to reporting its
status. Back then it wasn't uncommon to experience major slowdowns,
periods of non-responsiveness, extended read only periods and edits
failing (sometimes silently) due to (iirc) overloaded servers. I can't
remember the last time I saw anything like that, but it certainly wasn't
2013.

Btw it would be nice to have stats on uptime, or at least some assessment of the progress for the "stabilizing infrastructure" 5 years strategic goal. I couldn't find any recently, I asked both on mailing lists and on Meta.
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_budget#Stabilizing_the_infrastructure>

Nemo