Hoi,
Anders, I am afraid that the way you describe is one where perfection is
the enemy of the good.

Wikidata is full of imperfections. It is incomplete and often so wrong...
how about prime ministers of the United Kingdom who have been dead for
centuries featuring as an actor in several movies ???

When the data that are to be used in stubs or articles are uploaded to
Wikidata you can as happily improve them in Wikidata as anywhere else. What
is possible is to have tools on Wikidata like Reasonator that will help you
get to grips with the consistency.

When you state that it takes months to get the properties in Wikidata that
are needed to do your project, I find it a big problem at Wikidata and
definitely something that needs attention. When you know what the set of
properties it is you need, you can propose them as a lot and make it
obvious that they have to be considered together. As you know the quantity
type of properties have been released. So this is a good time to make your
proposals.

Most of all, Wikidata is a wiki. You indicate that the official sources
need work. Wikidata is a good place to work on this. When it is a years
work for you to beaver away, it may find more people to work with you on
solutions at Wikidata.
Thanks,
      GerardM