On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Wil Sinclair <w...@wllm.com> wrote:

> I'm a total newb here, and I know the grant system between WMF and the
> different chapters has been debated in the past. But I have a simple
> question: if WMF is funding these efforts through grants and the grant
> money is used to review and/or manage content, wouldn't it be
> indirectly getting involved with reviewing and managing content?
>
> ,Wil

Depends on the nature of the grant. In any case I think affiliates are
better placed to perform this kind of work anyway, since we'd want it to be
done in more than one language and using diverse panels with members from
more than just the U.S. But I do think it would be really cool research and
the results would certainly be very interesting. It also makes sense as
complementary to automated efforts, and then the results of the different
methods could be compared to assess effectiveness of the review processes.