On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I'd like the Foundation to invest in such research, which is why I
> brought it up here.
>
> I cant think of several instances of donors' money being spent on things
> that to me seemed less supportive of the Foundation's core mission.

Perhaps while the UK chapter pursues automated methods of assessment,
another chapter can apply for a WMF grant to pursue a more traditional
review effort. Maybe Wikimedia DC? I don't think this kind of research is
really the WMF's purview; for reasons everyone is familiar with, it's
important they remain distant from reviewing and managing content.