On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Example 1:
>

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/ObiWolf_Lesbian_Images_(6th_nomination)
>
> Clear violation (no evidence of model consent, photographer made clear the
> models wanted them off Commons). Took six attempts over several years to
> delete, despite a board member personally voting Delete in one or two prior
> nominations.
>
> Example 2:
>

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Category:Sexual_penetrative_use_of_cucumbers
>
> Again, review the prior deletion discussions where these were kept. Models
> shown full-face, recognisable, no evidence whatsoever of model consent,
> geo-tagged to a precise street address.

So you've provided two examples where you agree that the correct decision
was ultimately made, and where that decision has stood (in one case) for a
year, and (in the other) for two years without being challenged or
reversed. Your examples don't match what I was asking for (and there are
plenty of examples like that out there, so I'm surprised you've brought
these ones forward). Your point is like saying that the entire US court
system is broken, on the basis that some decisions in trial courts have
historically been overturned by the more careful analysis of the Supreme
Court. You're underscoring the *healthy* (if maybe inefficient) functioning
of Commons, not the opposite.

But, I appreciate the opportunity to talk about some good decisions, so
I'll give your strange nominations the benefit of the doubt and come up
with 10 examples of clearly good decisions. Unfortunately I don't have time
to dig into it right now, but I should be able to get to it in the next
12-24 hours. I'll post to a page on Commons, and publish a link here.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]