The difficulty of working with multiple configurations is one of WMF's main
points, along with its opinion that readers prefer MV and that WMF should
prioritize what WMF feels the readers want. WMF also is making a point of
claiming soveriegnty over software configuration.

Meanwhile, many volunteers seem to view readership numbers as adequate with
the status quo, do not believe that MV adds value,  disagree with the
design of Media Viewer, and are angered by WMF's undemocratic conduct and
arrogant comments.

This kind of situation is unlikely to have a happy ending without some
concessions and mediation.

Pine