... but the conference has been running for a few years, and has gradually
evolved over that time, from primarily chapters, to other affiliate
organisations, AffCom itself, FDC in recent years, etc.  I don't think
anyone is suggesting any revolutionary changes for the next one?  Just a
change in name to suit the current audience.

What's the problem with the name "Wikimedia" being used?  It is, after all,
a conference involving Wikimedians.  It appears the main complaint is the
over-generic title "Wikimedia Conference".

Charles (User:Chuq)