Aye, I also only have anecdotal evidince at this point (from my father who
has been messaging me and myself) but the comments I've seen in the
american press have been 10:1 (higher on tech sites) with generally more
thoughtful comments then usual and where there are critiques they are not
bad ones. So far it looks like folks are very supportive of it.

This of course comes with the usual caveats of possible filter bubbles and
"commenters on american news sites not necessarily equating to a range of
american views".

James