Fae,

I should be clearer - I do not expect the community to address these issues
before the topic of a standing elections committee is addressed first. I
think that is my main point here. These issues are not as simple as some
are presenting, and that does not mean the ultimate answers are not easy,
but there should be more time allotted to discussion by a group tasked with
reviewing these things than is available to the temporary committees. I
would not support the idea of a public RFC with no clear plan on how to
implement any of the proposed changes. Much of this discussion feels like
we are putting the cart before the horse - so to speak.

-greg