FWIW, today WIkimedia Italia had a Barcamp at the Italian Parliament to
talk about Wiki Loves Monuments, FOP (which we already don't have) and
related stuff.
Several politicians were present and we discussed also this matter.
They already alerted their MEPs.
Hopefully this will contribute to the discussion.

Aubrey