Il giorno lun, 24/08/2015 alle 13.08 +0200, Jane Darnell ha scritto:
> What I meant to say is that though the impact
> of no banner might be great, it is not so great as it would be for
> those
> countries who can attract newbies to the competition. The Italian
> situation
> is so complicated that I don't think their proportion of "casual
> uploaders/experienced uploaders" is the same as for other countries,
> ergo,
> the banner would be less of an issue, though still an issue.

In any country you have a list of monuments and you can submit a picture
of one of those monuments. In Italy it's exactly the same.
The problem lies in building the list of monuments! But for the users,
it is not more difficult than in any other country.

What we do is asking to the organizations that have the rights on the
monuments to provide an authorization for uploading the pictures on
Commons during the contest. The participants to the contest do not have
any specific work to do related to this.

Laurentius