Thanks Chris for forwarding that along, yeah I agree edit count isnt an
ideal indicator yet its one measure that can be used from half a world away
to indicate experience and given the user I'm trying to help has ruffled
community feathers knowledge of and being known by the community is
important aspect that a high edit count user can add....

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia