All affiliates are required to follow local laws, and that is checked when we
are asked or it is needed.

Our affiliates are increasingly diverse, so much of this really applies more to
chapters and thematic organizations than all user groups. A majority of user
groups are not legal entities.

Manuel was speaking to the user group requirements set out in the affiliation
models, which as he said, are meant to be easier and less time consuming than
the requirements for chapters and thematic organizations. That is separate from
the requirements involved with doing some types of activities. The programmatic
need for one user group may far easier to manage than the programmatic needs of
another user group, and the model is designed to allow for that diversity.

-greg