Hoi,
It is. I am one of the people who agitated for Commons to be created in the
first place. I care about Commons and I hate the lack of usability with a
passion. Wikimedians on the other hand cost us additional money in order to
cope with Commons.

What is your problem in acknowledging that using Commons is a big problem.
It is so bad that I typically refuse to add categories because they are not
easy to guess and therefore to apply. At some stage it is at least what I
hoped for, a repository for use for WMF projects. As a re-use facility it
is a failure.
Thanks,
       GerardM