Under Florida law
(https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/617.0808), there is a
distinction between removals for cause and removals not for cause
(https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/617.0808).

Removals not for cause require a 2/3 majority (this standard was still met).

If you are unwilling or unable to specify the reason for removal, I
think you should at least specify whether it was for cause.

Thanks,

Matt Flaschen