Hey, Pete-

We'll be announcing some next steps on strategy next week.

Brief preview: the schedule has changed somewhat, because we wanted to take
some more steps to be inclusive of staff feedback (has been underway for a
few weeks) and community feedback (starting next week). The timeline will
be tight, because we're trying to tie this into the annual plan process and
an FDC submission, but we hope this is the start of a healthier, young-term
process of annual planning and strategy.

Hope that helps?
Luis

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is a question for Patricio or Lila:
>
> At the November 2015 Metrics & Activities meeting, Lila presented[1] a
> slide outlining the new Strategic Planning process.[2]
>
> Amid general comments about how inclusive the process would be, that slide
> indicates that the draft briefly introduced at that meeting was to be
> finalized in December 2015, approved by the Board in January 2016, and
> presented publicly in May 2016.
>
> Can you confirm if that is actually the process underway? Are you on
> schedule?
>
> Can you address (in this venue) whether a plan that is developed in
> November and December by (at least some) staff, and presented publicly the
> following May, can truly be more inclusive than the 2010 plan -- which
> engaged 1,000 people, and took a year to complete, on an open wiki?
>
> -Pete
> [[User:Peteforsyth]]
>
> [1] At about 20 minutes in:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Foundation_Metrics_-_November_2015.webm
> [2]
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:WMF_Metrics_%26_Activities_Meeting_November_2015_(1).pdf&page=19

Luis Villa
Sr. Director of Community Engagement
Wikimedia Foundation
*Working towards a world in which every single human being can freely share
in the sum of all knowledge.*