Yury, this is a very important example, but indeed off-topic. It deserves a
separate thread, but not before addressing the current main crisis, which
all others stem from.

At this point, it is inconceivable that there is still such a "disconnect"
between what WMF employees & volunteers accross the movement are saying,
and what the BoT is thinking, saying & doing.

There have been repeated requests for engagement & action from the BoT,
both on and off this list. The first step in that direction has to be to
openly admit something is wrong, as Asaf rightly noted on this list no so
long ago. It takes courage to look the truth in the face and admit
mistakes. And itcll be hard for a while. But it has to be done and it's
worth the effort if we want to move forward positively.

Like others, I believe this is the biggest crisis, crossroad, challenge
(call it what you will), we have ever faced as a movement. But as wise
people said, crisis also offers new opportunities and gifts, if confronted.

We have to fix this disconnect before we go on "fixing the internet".

And I wonder -- what else has to happen for the BoT to realize what both
community and employees are saying for months now, embrace it and act on it.

Respectfully,
Shani.