> On Feb 21, 2016, at 7:48 PM, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do you agree that an annotated summary of what has gone well and what
> hasn't, in the case of discussion technology like Liquid Threads and Flow,
> might help us to have generative conversations on this topic?

        Not in the slightest.  Having a conversation about anything this
divisive is completely pointless and draining; no one listens to anyone else
and everyone blames everyone else for not listening - especially because
everyone claims "I'm not being heard" (even if they are, and are just disagreed
with.)

        I could write up a whole big thing about this to try to create clarity
but it doesn't matter; the only responses will be claims that the WMF (and
myself in particular) are operating only in bad faith or "being rude" or we'll
have some chuckleheads (who never try to help, claim to be expert engineers,
but never seem to be able to back up those claims) talk shit about the skill
sets in engineering and derail the conversation.

        So no.  I don't believe this will be useful.

---
Brandon Harris :: bhar...@gaijin.com :: made of steel wool and whiskey