I'm glad we're thinking about how to improve Board elections, including
about possible screening for COI issues early in the election process.

Thinking also about Board composition, what if we changed Jimmy's seat to
another community-elected seat, and ran elections for what would be 4
community-elected seats every year with 2 seats elected each year for 2
year terms? I think that a standing Elections Committee might be able to
facilitate this kind of cycle.

Also worth considering:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_of_Trustees/Thinking_about_the_WMF_Board_composition

Pine