Hi Alice,

Thank you for moving forward with this.

Questions:

1. One of the characteristics listed is "Experience in leading an
organization as ED or CEO, very preferably an NGO or F/L/OSS
(Free/Libre/Open Source Software) organization, with 250 people or more."
But recent discussions have included the possibility of spinning off
components of WMF and/or a breakup of the WMF organization, partly as a way
to mitigate the systemic risk from a dysfunctional or underperforming WMF.
So, should we be looking for an ED with the expectation that he or she will
manage an organization with 250+ employees, or should we look for someone
who has experience with spinoffs and/or breakups?

2. Will the hiring for execs for HR, Tech, and Community wait until after
the new ED is selected, or will those recruiting processes happen
independent of the ED hiring process?

3. For the search steering group. would you consider adding a
representative elected from the affiliates, and a representative elected
from the community, who are not WMF board members and can therefore be
responsive to the affiliate and community constituencies without potential
conflict with WMF interests?

Thanks!
Pine

Pine