Hi Greg,

Thanks for the eventual answer - I can understand that salaries/HR are a
complicated issue to comment on. I'm sorry I have to press on a bit more to
get an answer to my questions though.

I did note the answers Patricio gave to the Signpost
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2016-05-28/Special_report>.
I did miss your answer on my question whether this was a full time, or near
a fulltime position (for the period concerning this salary) - quite an
important figure to estimate the meaning of 'a role of this nature in
organizations of similar size to the Wikimedia Foundation'.

The information available does suggest however that this was quite a steep
salary increase with a decrease in responsibilities. I'm not sure that is a
fair representation of the situation (I hope not), but that is what it
looks like to me, based on the available information.

Based on the compensation size, Sue played continued to play a very
significant role in the WMF. I'm glad that she remained available for that,
as the board apparently felt a need for it. However, despite that important
role and significant compensation, she was not mentioned on the list of
'staff and contractors' since she was replaced by Lila in June 2014
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=Template%3AStaff_and_contractors&type=revision&diff=96993&oldid=96984>
.

This remains contradictory, and that is why I'm trying to get some clarity
on the role Sue played in the past two years. The tasks described by
Patricio in his response to the Signpost sound to me (but I might be naive
in this) to be mostly relevant to the initial transition period, and not to
span 2 years. Is Patricio underselling Sue's involvement and was there a
reason not to mention her as contractor? Am I somehow misunderstanding the
compensation issue (i.e. was there a compensation for earlier years, or was
it lowered)?

Maybe I'm missing something here - if so, please point it out! Thanks in
advance.

Best,
Lodewijk