Thank you for bringing this up, Yann. Some relevant context is that Meta
Wiki users considered permitting such files on Meta Wiki a year and a half
ago, and decided not to. The electorate was not very big (14 votes, total),
but it was carefully considered, with compelling arguments made on both
sides.[1]

In my opinion, the best outcome would be that Meta Wiki should have an
Exemption Doctrine Policy (the board's name for a project's local policy
that would permit copyrighted files under specific circumstances)[2] I
think the Meta Wiki decision should be revisited and considered in more
depth, with more participation, and probably reversed (with some careful
work on defining the proper circumstances for an exemption).

But of course, that's not an easy task. I have no ready answer, but am
interested to see what ideas others have.
-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Meta:Babel&diff=prev&oldid=13362698#General_discussion_on_allowing_or_rejecting_fair_use_at_Meta