Hoi,
You are not answering the question. You are only producing arguments that
may be meaningful to you but they do not explain why you are interested and
what you do to affect what you aim to achieve.

IMHO it is important for the WMF to concentrate on what it is that we do.
Make it more relevant in every possible way. When you ask for overarching
vision, I want the WMF to explain why Wikisource does not get its
audience?  I want us to engage more in bringing quality to Wikipedia and it
is not theoretical what I propose I have challenged anyone to refute my
arguments about associating red links and wiki links with Wikidata items
and how it will improve quality.

My point is; I want substance. I want us to concentrate on the things that
help us to "share in the sum of all knowledge". For me your demands take
time and more importantly energy away from the real questions. We should
start with "share in the sum of our available knowledge" because this is
achievable and we do not really consider it.

I refer to your user page when I say that you are not involved. So you make
no difference but demand attention. We have better things to do things that
do not get done either. Please let us concentrate on what we can do to make
a meaningful effort and let us consider the issues as we know them.

Seriously better quality to Wikipedia requires a small change that nobody
needs to see, that people can opt in to and the people that do will improve
the quality in all Wikipedias. Again, I challenge anyone to show where my
arguments fail reality.
Thanks,
      GerardM