Looking at the archive, 16% of the posts to this single thread were by
Gerard Meijssen. This first and only post from me on this is to agree
with Yaroslav that it has been over-cooked and to point out that a
better forum for this type of extended chatter is Facebook; at least
until someone does something beyond vague opining.

How nice it would be to find well thought out and purposeful emails,
worth putting aside to mull over on a bus ride or train journey.
Instant one liners and two-party argumentative conversation seems to
swamp the handful of pearls to be discovered each month in repetitive
seaweed, and poorly punctuated driftwood.

Of course, this thread is still far more amusing than seeing my
mailbox filled with 20 one-liner empty congratulations that could have
so easily been made on a personal wiki page. But that view could be
down to my age induced irritability and past enhancing rose tinted
spectacles.

Fae