On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:20 AM Trillium Corsage <trillium2...@yandex.com>
wrote:

> >> As always, he is (and other
> >> moderated users are) welcome to submit posts to the list before then,
> and
> >> if the posts are respectful and on-topic, they would be let through.
>
> That has not been my experience. In fact the last time I sent a
> coherently-explained, completely civil, on-topic,and time-sensitive email
> to the list, it was held by a moderator who:
>
> A) Suggested I was "trolling the WMF" (is trolling an entire
> 100-person-plus organization even possible?)
>
> B) Faulted it on bases including that I used the phrase "couple days"
> (i.e. "this might take a couple days") rather than his preferred
> formulation "couple *of* days"
>
> C) Put it up for a consensus vote among the other list moderators.
>
> I see the list has some new moderators, but I figure odds are this email
> will be stopped as well.

Not on my watch.  I have no access to past conversations so cannot comment
on the conversation you say you have had with list admins in the past, but
I will state for the record that I think grammatical imperfections (real or
perceived) are absolutely not an acceptable reason to withhold a message
from the list.  The vast majority of subscribers are not native speakers of
English, and even if they were, language snobbery is an anti-pattern for
constructive communication.

Re trolling, I am personally very wary of applying that label, and lean
toward avoiding it in all but the most extreme cases.  Neither a favorable
opinion of the WIkimedia Foundation, nor a real-world identity, are a
prerequisite for posting on this list.  It is perfectly acceptable and
on-topic to question or criticize the Wikimedia Foundation on this list, so
long as one adheres to basic rules of discourse: remaining civil, concise,
on-topic, and respectful in the face of disagreement; avoiding repetition,
aggression, and irrelevant hobby-horses; etc.

    A.