Hi all, apologies as I'm a bit behind schedule in answering the last round
of questions. We ended up taking a few extra days to get the details of the
program right, and launched this ads experiment on Wednesday, July 12th. I
posted an update today to our meta page for this experiment
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/Updates/FBAdsExperiment>, but
we don't have any conclusions, yet, due to our late launch.

Here are the questions I saw:

*James Heilman: Interesting experiment. Can you provide versions of the
fundraiser notifications so people can provide feedback?*

Sure. Our first ad group uses the same image of Jimmy Wales, with two
different sets of copy. You can see screenshots of the two ads on our meta
page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/Updates/FBAdsExperiment>.
If anyone has suggestions for content that you think might motivate new
donors, let me know. It's particularly difficult to come up with
representative images. Jimmy appeared in our banners for a while, so we
decided to start there.

*Chris Keating: Out of interest are you planning to use Facebook's custom
audiences tool to include (or possibly exclude) people who are already WMF
donors?*
This was a big discussion topic before we launched this pilot project. We
are not currently suppressing or targeting ads to our donor list, but we
will revisit this option and it's pros and cons if we decide to keep
testing ads.

*Also from Chris: (And, more of a movement strategy question than one aimed
at the actual fundraising team - if this works, will WMF decide it's the
only movement body that is allowed to fundraising on Facebook, in the same
way's it approaches the on-wiki banners? :) )*

Yeah, I can’t answer that :)

Hope everyone has good weekends,
sam