"On 28 July 2017 at 13:02, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Tullie House Museum in Carlisle has a number of objects on loan
> from the British Museum,[3] and it appears that it is only those
> objects that have any restrictions on photography. I took photographs
> of two of these (without any flash), as the restrictions are
> shockingly obvious cases of copyfraud, and not for any reason that
> might protect the works from damage.[1][2] It seems incomprehensible
> as to why the British Museum would ever want to make copyright claims
> over ~2,000 year old works especially considering they are not a
> money-making commercial enterprise, but a National institute and
> charity, with a stated objective[4] that "the collection should be put
> to public use and be freely accessible".

That on of the most egregious cases I've ever seen.

I note that the exhibition, according to the web page (your link [3]), is:

"Funded by The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Northwest
Regional Development Agency (NWDA), Renaissance Northwest and Carlisle
City Council."

I wonder whether they're aware of these false claims? I should imagine
Julia Reda would be interested, given that EU money is involved.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing