Hi, Krishna.

First of all, this isn't "defamation", which is a precise legal term, that
is best not bandied about too lightly.

Secondly, Wikipedia is mentioned often in popular media these days, not
always in a very factual manner.  It is hard to imagine such casual
mentions have any significant impact on the Wikipedia brand.  It is
precisely Wikipedia's ubiquity in Internet-connected people's lives that
makes it possible to refer to it in such ways.

Thirdly, legal action is always expensive and sometimes risky.  It follows
that we need a very good reason to undertake the expense and (sometimes)
risk.  This does not look like an important thing to spend our resources on.

Cheers,

    Asaf