Hi,

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 21:15:36 +0530
Krishna Chaitanya Velaga <kcvel...@wikimedia.in> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Introducing myself, I am Krishna Chaitanya Velaga from Andhra Pradesh,
> India. My user name is "Krishna Chaitanya Velaga", I've been actively
> contributing to en Wikipedia and Commons since December 2014. I also form
> the Executive Committee of Wikimedia Chapter (India). My mother tongue is
> Telugu (te).
>
> A Telugu movie titled Paisa Vasool
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paisa_Vasool_(2017_film)> was released on 1
> September 2017. In the movie, male lead boasts himself by referring to
> Wikipedia. His statement in the movie is as follows: *"36 brawls, 24
> murders, 36 stabbings, This is visible record in Wikipedia" *(The same may
> be observed from the trailer of the movie, between 0:22 to 0:32 at
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVUZ-jG_i3c). As far I am concerned I feel
> this as serious defamation of the brand, the community and the work we do.
> It really degrades the reality and the efforts we put to produce
> encyclopedic content to the readers.
>
> In this context, I request the community to take interest in their to voice
> their opinions, and also discuss any legal action to be enforced.

I don't see what the big deal is. Since this is a work of fiction, it may
misrepresent facts and reality and its users are expected to know better than
to depend of it as a source.

If we try to censor this film, then it will be an act of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship which i and other free content
advocates dislike. If instead we sue for damages, then we will come out as
bullies. Also see
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/there-is-no-such-thing-as-bad-publicity.html
and http://www.veronikanoize.com/is_all_publicity_good_ . Don't worry - be
happy.