Hey Yuri,
IMHO, this section is the closest thing (thus far) to an 'elevator pitch'
for the direction of the movement:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2017/Direction#Our_strategic_direction:_Service_and_Equity

You could probably even knock it down to "The Wikimedia movement serves
open knowledge to the world across interfaces and communities. We break
down the social, political, and technical barriers preventing people from
accessing and contributing to free knowledge."

Anything that short is sure to lose the nuance in the longer document
(which I'm sure we've all read!), but it might be a little closer to what
you're looking for. Adapt as necessary.

Yours,
Chris K.