I think this is unlikely to happen, because of the performance degradation
(access via Tor will always be slower, which user studies
<http://www.mdpi.com/1999-5903/4/2/488/htm> have shown to be a significant
usability issue in the past). But as an option or fallback or separate app
it might be a great idea; there is a Phabricator task at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T163747

Tilman Bayer
Senior Analyst
Wikimedia Foundation